Helping Families With Their Legal Needs Since 1992
After 28 years of witnessing the unnecessary expenses, delays and emotional pain of court-centered divorce, I am no longer willing to participate in a system where divorcing clients have no control.
I am proud to be a strong advocate and leader in Divorce Mediation and Collaborative Divorce in Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo and Ventura counties. I offer you what I believe to be the most sane, dignified, efficient and cost-effective ways to get divorced.
• 28 years Family and Civil Law experience.
• Small Claims Judge Pro Tempore for 11 years. Settlement Master for Family Law, Civil, and Unlawful Detainer for 12 years.
• Extensive Mediation and Collaborative Divorce training and experience.
• Graduated Order of the Coif from Pacific McGeorge School of Law.
• Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, 2016, Santa Barbara Superior Court
• Extensive Family Law trial experience in all aspects of custody, support, contempt, and domestic violence matters.
• Skilled in using the DissoMaster guideline child and spousal software.
• 11 years of experience as Minor’s Counsel.
• Ability to accurately analyze income of self-employed individuals aided by: Training and experience in principles of finance and asset valuation; Personally maintaining law office accounting software; Experience as treasurer of a non-profit corporation; and Training in tax and accounting issues.
• Counsel for Respondent: In re Marriage of Williams (2001) 88 Cal.App.4th. 808.
• Member of Santa Barbara Superior Court Family Law Rules Committee in 2010 and 2011.
• President of the Santa Barbara Collaborative Law Group since 2007, recruited Board of Directors, organized and conducted training events.
• Member of the Board of Directors for Santa Barbara Family Education, Inc. (i.e., Children in the Middle).
• Member, Board of Directors of the Santa Barbara Women Lawyers Association
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
• CFLR Advanced Family Law Training 2011
• Minor’s Counsel Training – Santa Barbara County Bar Association 2008
• Various Advanced Collaborative Practice Training – I.A.C.P. 2006-2008 Basic Collaborative Law Training – Chip Rose, J. D. 2003
• Small Claims Mediation Internship – The Community Mediation Program 2000
• Basic and Intermediate Mediation Training – Judith Rubenstein, J. D. 2000